> Earlier, Kylix was promoted and trying Kylix open edition was encouraged.
> It sounded perfect for some of my interests.
> Frustrated, I tried to uninstall Kylix but could only delete what I could
> find on my system.
> So I went to Borland's site, went through their disfunctional
> registration process four or more times over two days and finally got the
> keys. Once successful, I then decided to download Borland's copy of
> Kylix_oe. When I opened their *.tar.gz the setup script was missing.

AFAIK, deleting the directory you installed Kylix to should remove it
completely. (Does not include RPM database entries or bug fixes to libc,
etc. that may have also been installed.)

I'm not sure why you had so much difficulty, but it definitely isn't unheard
of. Maybe one of their servers has a bad copy????

For more info, you might try...

<shamelessplug>
Next Tuesday (August 7) evening is everyone's chance to share your
experiences in person with Anders Ohlsson. Anders is part of Borland's Kylix
team, so _maybe_ he has some insight into problems like this. He will be
here for the TC/PC Delphi/Kylix event at the Thunderbird Hotel in
Bloomington. The event is free and open to the public. See www.tcpc.com for
the latest info.
</shamelessplug>

Lee Behrens