On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 10:00:42AM -0500, Bill Layer wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:07:47 -0500
>"Ben Lutgens" <blutgens at sistina.com> wrote:
>
>> The mutt-1.2.5 tarball is 1.9 MB, and the compiled binary is 484k.
>
>Ben - unless I'm wrong, mutt is *not* a standalone pop client... doesn't
>it rely on sendmail / fetchmail?

Nope, it'll do pop natively. I personally use fetchmail with procmail for
incomming mail, and ssmtp for outgoing as I don't see the need to run a
full MTA on my laptop.

Not sure how well the pop support works in mutt, and using the imap
support is a little clunky. But that's no matter to me the way I use it.