Earlier, Kylix was promoted and trying Kylix open edition was encouraged.
It sounded perfect for some of my interests.

I tried a TCLUG member's private download offering. The format apparently
was not *.tar.gz as the extension indicated. But the package opened as a
folder. The Kylix setup process worked nicely, though. But (as another
noted) you still needed to obtain registration keys from Borland.
Frustrated, I tried to uninstall Kylix but could only delete what I could
find on my system.

So I went to Borland's site, went through their disfunctional
registration process four or more times over two days and finally got the
keys. Once successful, I then decided to download Borland's copy of
Kylix_oe. When I opened their *.tar.gz the setup script was missing.

So I went back to the earlier copy, reinstalled it, filled in the key
fields, and registered a second time (as required).

Now the Kylix_oe looks just like what I hoped for. Just like VB3 with
Pascal. A very nice IDE.

Still, I don't like people messing with my time, trust, or computer
system.