>       looking over Saitek's website, tho; it looks like the X36 is
> USB-only. do you know if all the doohickeys work under Linux, over the
USB
> interface?
>       it occurs to me that there are so many buttons on this thing,
it's
> almost concievable to map them to keys and make a chording keyboard
out of
> it. :)
One of my friends actually has the version of that stick from before
they were making it with USB
I believe that part of his plugs into the joystick port and the other
part has a pass through to plug into the keyboard port, or something
wacky like that.
Funny thing is the windows software that came with it DOES map most of
the buttons to keyboard keys.

- Kremer