> is that one of the Spectra carousel changers? If so, how many
> drives do you
> have in it?

Yes, only 2 drives, AIT-2.  But, I'm not striping the data for higher
throughput either, it's getting the fast throughput on a single tape.  The
front of the unit is beige though.  Spectra has some black faceplates
floating around their office that are samples from the company that makes
the faceplates, but they wouldn't give me one.  So I have this beautiful
rack of gray and blue sun equipment, and it's ruined by the ugly beige
changer unit.  :)

> what HSM (Heirarchical Storage Management) software do you use?

Sam-FS from LSCI (http://www.lsci.com).  They're based here in the twin
cities, and the guys that work for them are extremely nice people and easy
to work with.  I was talking to one of the engineers, and Sam-FS is in use
on some tape changer systems with hundreds of terrabytes of storage, and
thousands of tapes.  They apparently have their own filesystem too which is
supposed to be faster and more robust than Veritas, although I haven't tried
it.

Jay