> Anyone have good recommendations on these or other?  I'm also looking at
> getting a tape backup.  I've been looking  at the VXA systems, anyone
> have experience with these things?  Or is there a comparable unit out
> there that doesn't cost $900 for a 66GB BU system?

We've got a VXA drive here at work. I've only used it a few dozen times;
but so far I've been *very* happy with it. it's fast, it doesn't spew
hardware errors to the logs (like lots of DAT and Travan drives); and seems
to be of reasonably solid construction (both tapes and drive).

downside is that the tapes are $80/ea.

So far, I'd recommend it over anything else (unless you're willing to pay
for an AIT drive; which supposedly offers better file seeking speed, tho at
+$1000 in price).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer