> > Internal SCSI CD-RW burner-  No IDE drive for me.
>
> Plextor. I've had my Plextor (it's a CDR, no RW) for almost 2 years and the
> only bad burns I've had were (A) Devective CDs, (B) Me pressing Ctrl-C, and (C)
> Cat-related errors.

I have 2 dead plextors sitting in a drawer.  Plex wants way too much money
to fix 'em.  So I went and bought a Sony 8x4x32. In fact, it came in a
kit, with an external case, along with an HP 40x drive. I paid just over
$200 for the set. I ripped the drives out of the external case (where I'll
one day put my tape drive) and stuck 'em in the tower. Works flawlessly.

Andy