I am in the process of slowly putting together my owm box. Right
now, I am waiting for my tax returns :) so that I have some spending
$$$ to build the box I've always wanted. But in the meantime, I would
like to ask a few questions.
   1. What would you recommend for a motherboard? I want to get an
Athlon 1000, so that narrows down things fast. Furthermore, I recall
hearing something last week about a bug with Abit? motherboards. OR was
it just the VIA chipset? I don't know, but I would like to avoid this
if possible.
   2. Same question regarding video cards. I don't need top of the
line...32 MB mem is fine. I'm not looking for 300 FPS in Quake 3,
either. I just want a card that is easily detectable under Linux,
commonly available, and won't cause grief because of buggy drivers.
   3. Any spots for buying keyboards and mice? Other than Best Buy and
CompUSA? I've gone over their inventory and haven't found much that I
like. A keyboard/mouse warehouse would be nice. :)
   4. Where can I get some cool computer badges? (Those are the little
1x1 plastic-covered stickers that go on the front of a computer.) I
googled and found a couple of companies, but most are either overseas
or only sell in bulk. A badge with Tux would be a step in the right
direction, I think.
   5. Oh, yes, my price range for the system is going to be $800-$900,
excluding monitor. (I'll deal with that later--for now, I've got an
older one that will do.)
   Thanks!
   :Peter