I have an associate whom I am helping.  He wants a Linux machine to host
multiple web sites.  He also wants to have N number of email accounts
associated with each domain.  He requires that name at firstdomain be a
different account than name at seconddomain so that he can offer overlapping
names to people on different domains.

I have chosen Debian Linux.

I installed Apache and followed directions at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/name-based.html on how to set up the
site for virtual hosting.  I added something like this example:

    NameVirtualHost 111.22.33.44

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
    ServerName www.firstdomain.com
    DocumentRoot /www/firstdomain
    </VirtualHost>

    <VirtualHost 111.22.33.44>
    ServerName www.seconddomain.com
    DocumentRoot /www/seconddomain
    </VirtualHost>

Then I installed zmailer and edited the fqdnaliases file like this:

webmaster at firstdomain.com: webmaster_first at firsdomain.com
webmaster at seconddomain.com: webmaster_second at firstdomain.com

Then I pointed both dns records to the same ip and pointed both mx records
to that machine as well.

Everything seems to work.  I have a difference between the email address and
the login name but that seems trivial.

My question is this.  Have I done anything badly?  And if everything is o.k.
is there a more standard solution that I am missing.