I would recomend Redhat 7.1.  It is easier to setup than most other
distros.  Has lots of goodies.
: )
I have also heard some good things about Mandrake 8.0.  It is based on
Redhat ( I think ) and has everything Redhat has and more.  Easier setup
and configuration ( I haven't used it yet though ).

What version of Windows are you using?  If you are using NT it is pretty
simple to set up the NTLDR to boot Linux.

BTW, Mandrake 8.0 is at www.linuxiso.org.  I got a really good speed
from there.  Haven't tried it yet.
sim