On 15 Apr 01, at 23:16, Kevin R. Bullock wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Jay W. Anderson wrote:
>
> > I may have to.  (potato->woody)

>  If I were you, I would start
> with potato and do a dist-upgrade. I had relatively good results from
> doing this. You can expect a thing or two to break, but these will be
> minor and easy to fix.

OK I'm back to hacking on this...

 o   What is the proper way to do a dist-upgrade?
 o   How much of potato needs to be installed, i.e. when do I break
out of the install & do a dist-upgrade?
 o   From rtfm the info on debian.org it looks like I need to do a
update, then dist-upgrade, then ???
 o   Do I need to edit the apt sources list to say woody instead of
stable or does the dist upgrade understand that is what I want to do?
 o   Can't man apt-get yet until I get the install done )-:

Any other pointers?

Thanks,
Jay