On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 04:19:39PM -0500, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
>I know someone -- I think Carl Soderstrom -- was mucking with Amanda.  I
>need to get it up and running.  It seems straight forward, but I was
>wondering if anyone had a suggestion as to things to watch for.  What are
>the tricky bits?
For the love of god DO NOT USE DUMP!!!!! What an evil pos! I have lost many
backups due to dumps inability to do things right.

Other than that, I'll let you look at my config if you'd like, things are
running smoothly around here (when Ben changes tapes if I leave town. *ahem*)
and provided you have a good tape drive (again... *ahem*)

It's pretty straight forward when you get it finished. You'll sit there and
tell yourself, "Self, that wasn't so hard after all." :-P

Thanks,
--
Thomas J. Hudak
Systems Administrator