On Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:43:26 -0500 (CDT)
"Jamie Ostrowski" <jamie at getsetnet.net> wrote:
   Yes, I think adjusting the signal via amplitude is definately the
> route to go. It would be much simpler and I am sure there are more
> schematics available for that type of circuit.

That 'circuit' will be a patch cord from the audio jack, running through a
resistive divider or L-pad (passive control, like a pot) right to the
meter's input. This is the beauty of it, we don't need to engineer any
digital hardware... all in the analog domain. Childs play.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-