Yes, I think adjusting the signal via amplitude is definately the
route to go. It would be much simpler and I am sure there are more
schematics available for that type of circuit. I am not much of a
programmer, but I will check with some of my programming buddies and
explain what is going on, and see if they can offer some light on
that. Otherwise maybe someone else on the list here can offer some help on
the programming end.

     - Jamie