Hi,

Quoting Jamie Ostrowski <jamie at getsetnet.net>:

> One of the major stumbling blocks of making my system look old is the
> cdrom drive. The plastic tray that slides out just wont have the same effect
> hence my search for a cdrom that loads without the tray.

How about the internal CDROMs that come in like Sun Netras and the like (and
actually also external old Sun CDROMs)? The 'tray" actually spits out the whole
lens thing which is encased in what looks and feels like black metal. Kinda
like what laptop CDROMs have, except more textured metal like than plastic.

Also, while laptop CDROMs are plastic, they're more grey/black plastic.

-Yaron