Apparently, the arrowpoint is integrated into a blade for the Cat 6000
series switches too.  As far as I know, you can cluster the arrowpoints, or
at lease set up 2 of them for high availability.  One thing that sucked
about them when we looked at them was the lack of integration with DNS for
multiple geographically dispersed datacenters.  I think the price was some
obnoxious amount also.

I know F5's (http://www.f5.com) BigIP and 3DNS setup works excellent.  You
can run 2 BigIP's and have one set up to take over if the other fails, or
you can run them Active/Active and then if one fails over, the other will
take over the traffic the failed one was handling.  However, if you're
putting out over 100Mbit/sec, if you lose one, you're going not going to be
able to handle more than 100Mbit.  Although, I think they recently added
gigabit ethernet support.  They can do content verification on your
webservers by pulling a specific page every 5 seconds (or whatever you set
it to), and it will pull servers out of the VIP that aren't serving good
content.  By using the integration with the 3dns, you can explicitly set the
percentages of traffic which go to each data center.  It also has QoS mode
where it will direct client to the logically closest/fastest datacenter.

F5's products all use a heavily modified version of FreeBSD.  We've been
using them for a couple of years now, and they are really very good
products.

There's another product which is nearly the same thing called Eddie,
(http://www.eddieware.org I think).  It's free, but it only handles http.
F5's products handle any protocol that can be mapped to a specific port
(http, ftp, smtp, rtsp, wma, etc.)

Plus, they are easy to set up, and have a fairly decent web interface.  Of
course, you can do all maintenance through the command line also.  If you go
with a 3dns, don't install the Namesurfer software package.  It's a
graphical DNS manager, and it sucks bigtime.  Best Buy just recently went
with F5 for their setup also.

Jay