Heh,

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 11:23:55 -0500
"Austad, Jay" <austad at marketwatch.com> wrote:

> Buy yourself some old stereo equipment off ebay.  The round VU meters
like
> Harmon Kardon uses would be perfect, they have blue backlighting too.
Of
> course, used Harmon Kardon is probably going to be expensive, but you
could
> probably find some old Marantz gear for cheap.

Heh, either is the domain of the tube streo collector guys, and being one
of them, I will be extremely huffy if anyone butchers any vintage gear for
a project like this. There is absolutely *no* need to do that, anyway. And
trust me on this - for what you would pay, you'd rather put it on the
shelf and look at it :)) If you must butcher, butcher some junk old power
supply equipment, they are often resplendent in their meterage.

                           -.bill.layer.-

-.those who are talking don't know, and those who know aren't talking.-

           -.frogtown.-     -.minnesota.-      -.u.s.a.-