I was just thinking stereo meters would look really cool.

IMHO -- It would look especially cool if you could put them on the front of
you case.  Not in a drive bay but cut out a section of plastic/metal and form
it to fit you case perfectly as if it was supposed to be there.  Not easy but
it woul look pretty damn good especially on a black case.
: )

I got an old laptop that I could f* up all I want.  Can anyone think of some
way to put a meter in a IBM 755CE laptop?  I am going to replace the internal
speaker with some kind of LED light so I don't have to hear that damn beeping
when the battery starts to run out.  It would rock to install some sort of
meter for battery power.
I like the black color also but the logos have to go.

I could do some good stuff to my tower.  I am not planning on selling it
...... ever.  My experience with linux has taught me that it will be a long
time before this thing becomes useless.
Man I am getting some good ideas from you guys.
I want to skip work and go buy some paint and a welding torch now. :-)

sim