> >   Just to interject an undoubtedly beer derived idea, as
> a sorta woodworker
> > in my spare time I was wondering if anyone had
> considered making one from
> > a nice variety of hardwood, say Black Walnut?
> >   Off the top it's just a brain fart, but with the right
> grounding etc...
> >   Maybe I should stick to chess boards :)

I think a wood case would look really cool, personally.  I
think the thickness of the wood would be a problem though.
Plus I don't think wood is all that geeky compared to shiny
metal.  What would you think about taking a metal case and
decking it out with a wood vaneer (Waynescoating, etc)?  I
think that would combine the best of both worlds.. the
strength and mobility of a good metal case and the nice look
of wood.