Jay writes:

> I'd like to get a redundant setup.  Not one of those
> crappy ones with one
> power cord, but one with 2 cords so I can put one in the
> UPS and the other
> into the wall.

Brian replies:

Ok, I have a question.  I've got a 300 watt P/S in my case
and I managed to overload it running my 233 MMX and a few
essential components.  In theory, I could add another 300
watt (ok, maybe 400), and Y cable the 2 ATX connectors
together so I share 700 watts of power.  Is there such an
adapter or am I asking for trouble by trying to do this?  It
should work in theory, but I've been wrong before :-)

Also, adding to the case painting thread, is there a GOOD
way
to paint a case chrome?  I've seen chrome paint give more of
a dull chrome look, I want something that's blinding to look
at(SGI toaster type look).  Is this even possible with the
right type of paint?  $400 for a chrome case isn't an option
right now, but I'd love a chrome look.