On 15 Apr 01, at 11:37, Phil Mendelsohn wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Apr 2001, Jay W. Anderson wrote:

> > > Are you choosing ftp install, or what?
> > The only options on this installer are cdrom, network, already
> > mounted & nfs. The help/readme says that the only network protocol
> > currently supported is http. This is a different setup program than
> > what I remember when I tried to install potato a while ago. It now
> > claims that woody is the stable release. The disc images have a
> > creation date of 4/1302001 ~23:00.
>
> That's weird.  I've seen nothing that says woody's stable.  www.debian.org
> says (still) that the latest release is 2.2r2 (potato)  released
> 5-Dec-2000.

Thats what I thought as well, that it was weird. All of the
documentation that I've seen has said that potato is stable, but in
this installer it says that woody is stable and potato is archived,
no longer supported.  It could be that  I've stumbled upon advance
notice of woody going stable, like when RH didn't put deny all on the
7.1 dir last week.  I did forward my emails to the debootstrap
maintainer.  Maybe he will reply as to what the deal is.

> Since you apparently have the bandwith to  do net install, could you
> either do it in pieces or by ISO?  Or you could go get the potato
> installer, install that, then upgrade to woody.  Not quicker, I know.

I may have to.  (potato->woody) but I thought I'd check to see if I
was missing something silly or if someone else had seen this and knew
what was going on.

Jay