On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> They do.  It is called Megabit Pro.  It is just another setting on the Cisco
> 67x and the head end equipment.  It is not perfectly synchronous though.
>
> 256/272
> 640/544
> 960/816
> 1.2M/1.1M
> 4.4M/1.1M
> 7.1M/1.1M
>
> The upload cap becomes obvious.

 The upload cap bothers me, yes, mainly due to the glaringly obvious
potential for a DoS attack.  If your line can take 4.4mbit worth of
packets, but can only reply to 1.1mbit worth of them...isn't there a
slight problem?
 My solution on a 1.2/1.1 line at work was to cap the download rate, since
the line is used for servers, not web browsing.  The Cisco 67x allows that
quite nicely.  I dropped it down to 1.0/1.1, and it works fine.
 Anyway, of course it's not synchronous.  It's Asynchronous DSL. :)
 Just thought I'd put my $0.01 in.  (Hey, give me a break, I'm short on
cash.)

     Jima