On Mon, 9 Apr 2001 andy at theasis.com wrote:

> > And if you would do a little research you'd figure out that a lot of
> > apps do support Ogg, and many more will in the future. The more it's
> > used, the faster it will be accepted as a standard.
>
> How many pieces of hardware?
> as in car players, little flash-memory ones, PDAs with both MP3 and
> Ogg decoders, etc?

How many hardware MP3 decoders you have?

If you have a hardware decoder, I undestand you need for backward
compatibility.

If it's only software... new/better versions come up all the time.

I for one will hold on buying a portable MP3/OGG player until they
will have a longer battery life, and smaller dimesions over capacity
ratio.

florin