Nate Carlson wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> > I am going to get DSL at home and was wondering if anyone here has used
> > Telocity?  It looks very interesting.  They say they will basically do
> > everything for free and charge $50 a month for 768/408 Kbps SDSL (They
> > "Optimize" the download speed.  That sounds scary ).
>
> I just ordered it. Rythyms guy installed it last Fri. I should have it up
> by the end of next week..
>
> I'll let you know.  :)

I was getting service through PhoenixDSL, who was bought out by
MegaPath, who then sold us to Telocity. I'm having some problem with
them trying to get my service restored. Apparently during the migration
my credit card info got messed up and they disconnected me without
warning. That was a over a week ago. I'm still trying to get it turned
back on. Now they say 3 weeks max. I've been on the phone with them over
a dozen times in the past week and have mixed reviews about their
service. One time I was on hold for over an hour. Most of the time I get
right through. Also there were a few 'snooty' phone support operators
that I should have hung up on. The other times they were great. Proceed
at your own risk.