Phil Mendelsohn wrote:
> Hang on -- be careful about distorting geography.  The difference between
> the eastern and western 'burbs is that it's fifteen miles from downtown
> St. Paul to the WI border, whereas that same 15 miles west puts you in
> Plymouth or Eden Prairie (more or less.)  Different pattern of development
> too -- the cornfields in Woodbury were a lot closer to 3M world HQ than
> the cornfields in the west/SW 'burbs...

Part of the issue is that given development and expansion, they (meaning
telco's and such) will go to where money is.  Meaning that the SW 'burbs
will get things more than nearly any other areas first.  Why?  Because
the business revenue, coupled with the fact that many of the residents
of those areas are of a higher income.  Hence, the reason why Stillwater
and IGH has high speed connectivity (residential income).  Someone was
right in saying that there's a price to pay for living in the outer
cities, but then again there's a price to pay anywhere.

While I may gripe about having to pay the price I do for ISDN, I'm glad
that I am able to pay that price (meaning I have a job).  But in the
meantime, I'm going to keep hounding Qwest to put DSL (of some type) in
as well as hound AT&T to buy out the stinking little cable company in
our town (Citation Cable owned by US Cable).