On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Shawn wrote:

> Damn, I'd hate to hear what you think of those of us who live in Forest
> Lake, Ham Lake (well okay, that's that boonies to me) and such on the
> northeast part of town.  Hell, Woodbury is a "boonie burb" and they have
> both DSL and Broadband.  As does Inver Grove Heights and such....

Hang on -- be careful about distorting geography.  The difference between
the eastern and western 'burbs is that it's fifteen miles from downtown
St. Paul to the WI border, whereas that same 15 miles west puts you in
Plymouth or Eden Prairie (more or less.)  Different pattern of development
too -- the cornfields in Woodbury were a lot closer to 3M world HQ than
the cornfields in the west/SW 'burbs...

--
"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous