> Well, we're only really experimenting with it here.  This is an actual
> production box, so we're not going to play around seeing how many
> Linuxes we can get going.
	even most big companies don't have the resources for an S/390 just
to 'play with. :)

> The biggest problem I could see is that it had a poor response time
> for CPU intensive tasks.  While a 'bonnie' to do a byte-by-byte write
> would be mean to a normal machine, it was brutally slow on the S/390.
	yeah. no one ever said they were good number-crunchers. :)
	how was the bonnie performance for big block reads/writes? from
everything I hear, that's where they really shine; but even Alan Cox himself
had a tough time getting hard figures when he asked the Linux/390 list.

> For example, we have Linux in an LPAR w/ 1024MB of memory.  This LPAR
> resided on a 6 CPU 1,271 MIPS partition w/ 18GB of memory.
	I though LPAR == partition?

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer