On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Matt Waters wrote:

> >OS's at the front of the 2 disks. The first problem I see is the
> >repartitioning
> >of the disk. Fdisk I assume, but what will this do to the OS? Reinstall I
> >suppose.
>
> I believe there is a DOS program called fips that you can use to rewrite the
> FAT and create a second partition without destroying Win98. Depending on

Brian writes:

Fips (last I checked) won't cut up Fat32 partitions.  My suggestion would
be to get your hands on a copy of Partition Magic and use that to carve up
the drive.  It even understands linux partitions.  I would just resize the
36 GB partiton down to 30 or so and leave yourself a large chunk of
unallocated space.  Run the redhat install, partition out the unallocated
space, and it'll install linux on it.  The big problem you'll have with
this is the large drive size... LILO has problems after cylinder 1023.  Be
sure when it asks you to create a boot disk you do that in case LILO pukes
out.