> I fail to see how it could be cost effective. Wouldn't it be cheaper for and
> easier for real-time to provide the pipe and the rack space for a few dozen
> SMP intel boxes all setup with virtual domains. I think the luggers would save
> money by doing it this way.

So that means also figuring the cost curves (against amount of
participation) for a special members' price for colocation at Real-Time,
perhaps using only LUG-sanctioned hardware in order to be efficient WRT
rack space.

Regardless of which (if either) hardware option turns out to work, there's
still also a need to come up with policies on common resources -- mainly
bandwidth, but also physical access, and probably some things I haven't
thought of.

It still seems that a coop colocation option is viable and maybe even in
Real-Time's economic interest, but we should look at the whole picture.

Andy