On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 07:57:35PM -0500, Andy Zbikowski (Zibby) wrote:
>What? The nvidia stuff in sid just downloads the tarballs from nvidia.com,
>and builds a debian package from that. I can't see why that would be any
>slower then your method. The packages are totally current, and the latest
>release of the packages were only a day behind the nvidia release.
My install of my nvidia card was at a point in time when debian's nvidia
packages consisted of a non-accelerated driver. Those are the steps to take to
get the source versions of the GLX/Kernel stuff from nvidia. If the debian
packages are being built based on the sources available at nvidia.com then I
don't see any reason not to use them, but I wasn't aware at the time that
debian had included that in their packages. The modules/extensions/libGL*.a
files never fail to bomb out my X session when I run glxinfo, but as soon as I
remove them eveyrthing works fine. Maybe I'll try the nvidia packages this
time, but my system is running smooth with HIGH frame rates in q3a so I don't
particularly care how it's installed. :-)
Thanks,