Hello. I just subscribed to this list last night, and am very new to Linux,
so I preemptivly apologize if I ask a stupid question.

Anyway, I used to run a redhat box on an i686 but took it down because I
could never figure it out. After several months of cussing out my windows
machine (I switched to Win2k, and although a massive improvement over Win9x,
is still very buggy) and at the recomendation of a friend's father who is a
huge UNIX guru, however, I decided to give Linux another try. My 3 major
problems with getting Linux up and running are the fact that I can't find a
modem anywhere that will work with Linux, my Voodoo3 and SB Live cards don't
have drivers written for them that I know of, and the fact that I have
virtually no experience with UNIX. If any of you would give me the name of a
good, relatively cheap modem, point me to some Voodoo3/SB Live drivers, or
give me a few pointers on how to learn Linux, it would be most appreciated.

Also, I know it's fairly subjective, but what distributions do you guys
think work the best, based on your experience?

The Fishy One's Infinite Wisdom #28: "Life is anything that dies when you
stomp on it."