I have taken ftp.mn-linux.org down for a couple of days.

Why?

I took the ftp server offline for a re-org of the redhat mirror. Long story,
summary, redhat is re-arranging their mirrors and we have to fall in line.

Anyway, I left all current transfers finish.

On Apr 1st, Real Time got a major DoS against ftp.mn-linux.org, which I can only
assume it's because some script kiddie got ticked off that I took down his
favorite debian/redhat/slackware/kernel mirror.

After working with UUNet and Sprint to quell the attack, they switched to our
web server. Worked with UUNet and Sprint again, again quelled the attack.

Well, the attack was pretty broad. ICMP, TCP, UDP, SYN, etc.. Mostly target at
the ftp server and web servers.

So, to keep the on-call pager from keeping up all night. I ftpshut
ftp.mn-linux.org down until the script kiddies get bored with us.

Sorry about the inconvience.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500