Doh, Mandrake installed the sane config files in a different location than
the tarball that I compiled.  It was looking for a SCSI scanner instead of
the USB one because I had modified the wrong file.  Who knows why it worked
before....

Do I still need the usb init scripts though, or can I just load all that
stuff in the modules.conf file?

Jay