> > Dave Sherman wrote:

> I'm running Caldera eDesktop 2.4. For what it's worth, even after
> downloading the latest elf tarball for libXpm and installing it, it
> seems that AfterStep's configure script still does not see the xpm lib.
> Watching the messages scroll by, there's a message to the effect that
> libXpm was not found -- at least, that's what it looked like to me.
> Unfortunately, I don't have the log handy to confirm the exact wording.

> Callum Lerwick wrote:

> > What distrib? On RH7 at least it seems libXpm has been merged into
> > XFree86-libs...

er, well, on my redhat system, the various libXpm.* came with xpm and
xpm-devel.

As I recall from my own use of afterstep, I always had to fiddle around
and make symlinks from where it really is to where Afterstep thinks it
wants to find it.

Sorry I can't give you more specifics, but hopefully that clue will be of
some use.

Andy