I'm running Caldera eDesktop 2.4. For what it's worth, even after
downloading the latest elf tarball for libXpm and installing it, it
seems that AfterStep's configure script still does not see the xpm lib.
Watching the messages scroll by, there's a message to the effect that
libXpm was not found -- at least, that's what it looked like to me.
Unfortunately, I don't have the log handy to confirm the exact wording.

Dave

Callum Lerwick wrote:

> Dave Sherman wrote:
> >
> > I thought it was strange, too. Alas, on three CD's there appears to be
> > neither source nor binary for libXpm.
>
> What distrib? On RH7 at least it seems libXpm has been merged into
> XFree86-libs...

Quid quid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.