> hey.. is there anyone out there doing anything with Voice over IP?  I am
> researching VoIP based PBX's right now.. to replace our existing
> proprietary PBX system (fujitsu series 3)  I have found 2 systems, a
> nortel, and a cisco, both are based on embeded windows NT.. (bleh)  i have
> found a bunch of stuff on linuxtelephony.org..  but it's all really
> beta.. and there are no VAR's for it. :(

have your researches found anything about those Cisco IP phones? they seem
like a really cool idea, especially in combination with a freenix telephony
server.
how well will they work on the same network as your computers? any
security issues with them? I'm sure they're designed to be served by a Sun
box or something; but how easy would it be to reverse engineer the protocol
and make a free server?

why ever would you put a PBX on embedded NT? if you were deteremined to go
with a non-free OS, wouldn't you at least go QNX or VxWorks or SCO or
something that wasn't designed to be rebooted once a day?

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises