[snip]
You should install this package if you are on a network which uses BOOTP or
DHCP.
[/snip]

I tried pump to, as well as just bootp to no avail.

[snip]
Is winona state using MS DHCP server or the ISP server?
[/snip]

this is a good question...but i believe Winona runs it's own DHCP server.
Which i would now put money on it an NT box.

[snip]
Does you school require you to register or any
other BS like that, not realizing that the computer world isn't all mac and
windows?
[/snip]

I don't *believe* so. I'd ask tech support, but they barley handle windows
problems, I'm going to see if I can't email the main tech, or see if I can
find someone else using a *nix variant, tho after searching upon searching,
I found no one.

damn i miss bitchx

--justin