Jon,

../helpers/TestCompile: make: command not found

This may be the more important part. Is "make" in the path of the user
doing this compilation?

HTH,

Troy

Jonathan Erickson wrote:

> I'm tring to install apache1.3.9 with php4 on and Intel machine running
> Calder eServer 2.3 and have been having problems compiling.
>
> I have gcc version egcs-2.91.66 installed on the machine as well as GNU
> make version 3.77
>
> I keep getting an error stating that my C pre-processor is not available
> so the configure script blows up whenever I run it.
>
> I receive the following error:
>
> Creating Makefile
>  + configured for Linux platform
>  + setting C compiler to gcc
>  + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
>  + checking for system header files
>  + adding selected modules
>  + doing sanity check on compiler and options
> ../helpers/TestCompile: make: command not found
> ** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
> ** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
> ** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
> ** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
> ** will also provide a clue.
>  Aborting!
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon Erickson

Troy Johnson   mailto:john1536 at tc.umn.edu   http://umn.edu/~john1536/
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did, and it never
will.
Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the
exact
amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these
will
continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with
both.
The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they
oppress.
	-- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857