I'm tring to install apache1.3.9 with php4 on and Intel machine running
Calder eServer 2.3 and have been having problems compiling.

I have gcc version egcs-2.91.66 installed on the machine as well as GNU
make version 3.77

I keep getting an error stating that my C pre-processor is not available
so the configure script blows up whenever I run it.

I receive the following error:

Creating Makefile
 + configured for Linux platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to NOT-AVAILABLE
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
../helpers/TestCompile: make: command not found
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!

Any ideas?

Thanks,