Anyone using raidtools2 on debian woody (sparc)? I am trying to install
it and get the following error:

# apt-get install raidtools2
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
  raidtools2
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/140kB of archives. After unpacking 430kB will be used.
(Reading database ... 15225 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking raidtools2 (from .../raidtools2_0.90.990824-5_sparc.deb) ...
grep: /proc/mdstat: No such file or directory
It looks like you aren't running a kernel with the correct RAID patch
applied. This package needs alpha RAID drivers, which aren't included
in the stock kernel. You can find kernel patches for this from
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/raid/alpha

Please use the older raidtools package if you want to run raid with the
stock kernels. If you believe have applied the correct patch you can
touch /etc/raidtab and this package will smoothly install.
Press Enter to continue...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/raidtools2_0.90.990824-5_sparc.deb (--unpack):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
 /var/cache/apt/archives/raidtools2_0.90.990824-5_sparc.deb
#

Anyone know what this means? I am running 2.4-test8 kernel, which I
thought had support build-in.

And why is the package so old? Is there a different package I should be
using? I am trying to mirror a couple of drives I have.

Clay