Try adding this:

set tw=80 [or set textwidth=80, depending on your verbosity]

That will set the line width to 80 columns, but will wrap at 76 with
your wrapmargin setting.

Jim Kaufman		mailto:jmk at jamesk.swdata.com
Linux Consultant, CCNA	Eden Prairie, MN 55346
home: 952-934-4851	fax: 952-937-9832
---
"Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull some intelligence out of the Internet!"
"But that trick never works!"
		-- Unknown