Hmm, didnt think i'd start a flamewar(tm), good thing i came back from work
early.

[snip]
Anyhow, calling it an obfuscating language is insulting.  Perl can be
used well.  I've been able to make perfectly fine perl code.  Its all
about style.

I find that languages that keep me from expressing the way I want to
hamper my productivity anyhow.  If I can code in perl, keep it pretty,
and get more done, why should I listen to people like you who think perl
somehow posseses programmers to do stupid things and use global vars,
not abstract, and other big nasties?
[/snip]

problem is, most of all people who code perl express themselves in ugly,
nasty, unreadable ways, even myself. I find it way easier to do one liners
then write actual readable code =P. On a serious note, Perl is hard to read
if people do express themselves so, maybe without realizing, perl makes it
easy, but i use it all the time, its definatly a wonderful language. 70% of
everything i code is perl.

[snip]
Whowa. Could you please give me concrete reasoning towards this effect.

Include source if you want.
[/snip]

i figured the </shot_at_java> would maybe make you think, 'hey thats a joke,
even if i dont like it, i wont take it seriously'. seems you should take a
break, go read some http://www.userfriendly.org and laugh a little. I use
java a bit, I dont prefer it, but I still use it. Java has it's place, that
is true.

wub,

Justin "Slightly wondering where all the humor went" Cook
Themes.org Staff
mailto:jsc at themes.org
http://kde.themes.org