On Sun box:

if shell *csh:		setenv DISPLAY linux-box:0.0
if shell Bourne-based:	export DISPLAY=linux-box:0.0

On Linux box:

xhost +sun-box

HTH,

Gabe
On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 02:52:52PM -0500, Perry Hoekstra wrote:
> Greet the sun all,
>
> I have a favor to ask.  Some time ago, I asked how to redirect the
> display of a Sun box to my Linux box.  I forget who posted to the
> answer. I have spent the last half-hour trying to come up with the right
> search solution within the archives but I cannot find it because I lost
> my printout :(
>
> I remember having to get the magic number from the Sun box and give
> permission to Linux to display based on that number.  Could someone
> please post the solution again, pleeeeeaaaase?
>
> --
> Perry Hoekstra
> E-Commerce Architect
> Talent Software Services
> dutchman at mn.uswest.net

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Mr. Science Officer, please commence relaxation period!"
				       - Commander Hoek (Ren) in "Space Madness"