Philip C Mendelsohn allegedly wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Sep 2000 bob at math.umn.edu wrote:
>
> > ... and the bad thing about LaTeX is that, well, it's TeX.  ;^l
>
> What's your beef with TeX?  Or are you simply an "unstructured
> thinker?" ;)
>
> Phil M

More that TeX is an unstructured standard.  On a frequent basis I deal
with people who receive Tex files they are unable to process.  Often
this is because of different versions, missing sty files, and so forth.

If everyone used the _same_ TeX, then it might be as useful as HTML.  :^o

My reaction is, however, mostly emotional.  Too many unsolvable problems
seen to have my reaction be anything but negative.

Not, of course, that I have a good alternative in mind.  After all, my
American prerogative is to whine.  :^)

Adios,
Chris
--
C.S. Cornuelle
School of Mathematics/MCIM, University of Minnesota
(612) 626-8930v, (612) 624-2333f, bob at math.umn.edu
Ferventer Vestite