On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Andy Zbikowski wrote:

> WYSWYG = What You See is What You Get
> The good: any Joe Schmoe who can use a word processor can create webpages.
> The bad: any Joe Schmoe who can use a word processor can create webpages.
>
> And I have to agree with Scott, pulling the formating AND content out of
> html is great. (The joys of PHP, CSS, and mySQL)
>
> I'll agree with ^chewie on the forms as well. Past experience...shudder.

Oh, this sounds like youse guys are about to enter my "strutured
thinkers" vs. "unstructured thinkers" dichotomy.

> Like most wywwyg editors, what you see isn't always what you get.

Or as  it says in the LaTeX manual, "What you see is *all* you've got!"

Actually, especially when I find people working at MathML, I wonder why
html ever got written at all.  All the world ever really needed was a TeX
browser -- then everything on print and screen could have been done from
the same source.

Cheers,
Phil M

--
Lottery:    a tax on people who are bad at math