I am having a weird network problem I cannot figure out. Hopefully the fix is
simple.

I have a brand new fresh install of RedHat 6.2. When going through the setup
I was NOT asked about setting up a network. I guess it could not detect that I
had a network card installed... but I do.

I was hoping kudzu would detect it at boot time, but it did not. I went through
linuxconf to set up eth0 and everything looked fine. I rebooted, and nothing
came up.

I recieved a message that said something like 'bringing up eth0 : Delaying
initialization of eth0' or something similar to that.

If I manually load the module with the following:
'insmod /lib/modules/2.2.14-5.0/net/3c509.o'
the module will load. Then I type '/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart'
I get exactly the following:
'Bringing up interace eth0 eth0: Setting Rx mode to 1 addresses.'

At this point ifconfig shows that eth0 is running, and the card seems to
function normally. When I reboot, all is lost and I need to go through all of
this again. I am getting the feeling that somehow an 'alias' (I think that is what
it is called -- meaning two IP addresses for one interface) for eth0 may be set
up. If that is the case, I must have inadvertently done that when trying to set
up the card the first time. This isn't what I want.

Question: What do I have to do to get this card to funtion properly at boot
time without having to throw a bunch of commands into my rc.local file?

Thanks,
Mike Glaser