Since you have a cable modem (and therefore, very likely a dynamic IP
address), try www.dyndns.org.

Gabe

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:12:19AM -0700, isla0005 at tc.umn.edu wrote:

> Does anyone know about any free name servers and/or free domain
> name registry service ? I am trying to register a name and would
> like to host it on my box at home.
> As the world is moving towards freeness, I am pretty sure there
> has been some work done on this.(!)
>
> BTW, I am able to run nameserver on my own box can't I ?
> I have cable modem and freebsd 4.0 running.
>

> Apu
>
> -----
> Sent using MailStart.com ( http://MailStart.Com/welcome.html )
> The FREE way to access your mailbox via any web browser, anywhere!

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I've been known to lie, but this here's a true story."
					- Narrator in "Big House Blues"