Wouldn't Sendmail accept the mail locally, regardless of the MX, if the
domain is in it's cW?

I thought the logic was something like, it does some address munging in S3
and then decides what mailer to use based on the domain.  Only if the
mailer comes up as SMTP or ESMTP (not local) then it will do the MX lookup
to find out where to send it.  If it's a local domain (in sendmail.cw or
the W class in the sendmail.cf) it should just deliver it locally without
DNS.

Is this not the case?

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator