From: Adam Maloney [mailto:adamm at sihope.com]
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2000 8:45 AM
To: 'tclug-list at mn-linux.org'
Subject: RE: [TCLUG:23020] Cable or DSL

I ordered a 3rd line at my folks' house a few years ago.  The order was
placed in June.  The due-date kept getting pushed until January.  Then the
installer came out and told me they couldn't install because the ground
was frozen (and they couldn't dig).  Finally in April they were able to
install.  10 months, life really must be better here.

Qwest the long distance company is on the top of the list for "slamming" -
that is, changing LD service w/o customers consent (and falsifying the
"Yes I agree" recordings).  They've been targetting asian and latino
americans.

Qwest the ISP is spam-friendly, abuse at qwest.net > /dev/null.  They don't
nuke spammer accounts or their websites.  There's talk on NANAE about an
RBL nomination (UU.net too) and there's talk on NANAU about a UDP.

Qwest the local telco, well, they'll surely live up to my expectations and
continue US-West's legacy of the qworst customer service of the
incumbents.

Don't even get me started on billing.  I have to initial every telco bill
that comes in here before we pay (apparently we recovered $1000's in
mischarges from a certain telephone company going unchecked...).  I have
to wade through their ridiculous billing statements and make sure things
add up.

Qwest bad, Deregulation GOOD!
Qwest bad, CLECs GOOD!

Adam Maloney