Bob W. Anderson wrote:
> Finally got Mandrake Linux 7.1 installed.    Ran last night, but tonight I
> have no mouse.    I read in one of the logs that my "unsafe mouse" had
> been uninstalled.    Can I get it (Logitech optical) back?    Is there any
> way to navigate in Linux without a mouse?  How do I reinstall a mouse?

Not sure what "unsafe mouse" means.  However, the following information
about keyboard navigation may be helpful.

Linux supports something called "virtual consoles".  Typically, six of
the virtual consoles are running a character based login shell.  If
you're stuck in X without a mouse, you should be able to switch over to
virtual console #1 by pressing Ctrl + Alt + F1 (console #2 would be
Ctrl-Alt-F2, etc. -- X typically runs on console #7).  From there, it
should be possible to log in and take a look around, edit the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file, run xf86config, or whatever.

--
==============     SIGN the Linux Driver Petition:
Joel Schneider     http://www.libranet.com/petition.html